THE PROFILE OF CHIEF SIR FELIX CHIDI IDIGA (JAFAC)
Felix Chidi Idiga (born June 30, 1963), is a Nigerian Business Mogul/Entrepreneur/Administrator and Politician. He is the Chairman/CEO of JAFAC Group of Companies.
Born: Felix Chidi Idiga, June 30, 1963 (Age 54). Dim-Oma Ofeahia, Amifeke, Orlu, Imo State, Nigeria.
Occupation: MD/CEO JAFAC Group – Involved in Dredging, Marine Logistics, Asphalt Production and Sales, Road/Bridge Construction, Equipment Sales/Leasing, Building Construction, Offshore Services; Vessel, Tanker Vessel, Tug Boats, Barges, Security Boats services, etc. Agriculture – Rice Farming. Hospitality Industry, Aviation.
Corporate Head Office: Km. 18, Airport Road, Igwuruta, PortHarcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Political Party: All Progressives Congress (APC)
Alma mata: University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria
Parents: Chief Felix Okoro Idiga and Late(Mrs) Theresa Ukachi Idiga
Spouse: Chief Lady Mrs. Chinyere Idiga
Children: Four (4) – Dr. Juliet, Sandra, Felix (Jnr) and Sharon
Religion: Christianity – The Roman Catholic Church
Philanthropy: The JAFAC Foundation
Website(s): www.jafacgroup.com ; www.jafacfoundation.org
GROWING UP AND EDUCATION
Idiga Felix attended St. Mary’s Primary school, Amaifeke, Orlu, 1972 to 1977 and later proceeded to secondary school. He was unable to complete secondary school in one stretch due to his natural quest for business and entrepreneurship. Consequently, he ventured into the business world in 1984. With the help of his father, he was provided him the initial capital to start up a house utensils business in Onitsha. Inevitably, in June 1987, he went over to Lagos State, Nigeria to seek for greener pastures and to diversify his growing business. Later, he ventured into importation by traveling to Europe to import certain goods like designer shoes and apparels.
Felix later went back to school, Pre-Varsity Education Centre, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja in 1990, to complete his disrupted secondary education. He later, sat for his GCE/O’Level Examination. In 1992, he proceeded to University of Lagos, Akoka for his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.
A) JAFAC Group of Companies
As chairman /CEO of JAFAC Group, which is made up of the following companies :
4)JAFAC Investment Company
7)JAFAC Hospitality Industry
Felix is sitting atop of these seven incorporated limited liability companies with a staff strength of 538.
In 1989, he established and incorporated JAFAC Data Systems and JAFAC Car Accessories, being his first two companies. He also incorporated JAFAC Automobile in 1990 and in 1990, ventured into wine production, excelling in all.
In 1997, he spread his business tentacles to Palm Dale, Los Angeles, United States of America, where he opened JAFAC 98 Cent Groceries store. The same year, the ship of JAFAC Conglomerate birthed in Victory Boulevard, Los Angeles, USA via JAFAC Auto Company.
In America, Felix found a home and carved a business niche in a foreign land. His businesses progressed, as his chain of enterprises flourished and expanded geometrically in America.
Encouraged by his business successes, he opened Lady J’s Beauty Spa (Hair Center) in Palm Dale, Los Angeles, which eventually expanded to Beverly Drives, Beverly Hills, Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, Lancaster, all in Los Angeles, California, USA.
In 2001, Felix opened American Unique Staff provider, a staffing agency in three different locations : City of Van Nuys Boulevard, City of Santana and City of San Bernardino, all in California, USA, with a staff strength of 138, comprising of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurses, Elderly /Child Care Workers.
Between 1998 and 2000, Felix took the following courses in Southern California USA :
1) Business Administration
i) JAFAC Construction Company
In 2008, Felix opened JAFAC Construction Company Ltd, with cooperate office at Km. 18 Airport Road, Igwuruta, PortHarcourt. Today, the company has built very solid and durable roads, bridges and executed electrification projects in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, Ondo and River States.
ii) JAFAC Oil and Gas
Felix is also a major player in the Oil and Gas sector, where his company – SWAT Link Limited is a supportive instrument to both indigenous and multinational Oil companies, offering the following services :
4)Vessel and tanker vessels
5)Tug boats barges
8)Asphalt production and sales
iii) JAFAC Aviation
The JAFAC consortium ventured into aviation -Aircraft leasing and general aviation. The operational base of JAFAC aviation is in the East Africa.
In Nigeria, Felix has also helped to develop a policy of achieving sustainable agricultural and food security. In 2006, he collaborated with Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to cultivate and produce rice massively in Ini Local Government Area (LGA) of Akwa Ibom State. In the process, he also helped to develop a policy that encouraged human capacity development. The success stories of this rice farming in Akwa Ibom led to the extension of the project to five other Niger Delta states, empowering over seven hundred(700) men and women and laying a solid foundation for sustainable development in agriculture/rice farming in the region.
Sir Felix Idiga has helped to articulate Federal Government /NDDC Rice Revolution Project, building a mega Rice Mill in 2010, the biggest Rice Mill in West Africa.
In 1999, he founded JAFAC FOUNDATION, a nexus through which he and his wife, Lady Chinyere Idiga extends caring arm of hope and empowerment to the needy and less privileged. Offering scholarships to indigent students, from primary to university level, providing free medical care, equipping the youths with skills and capitals, empowering market men and women.
THE JAFAC FOUNDATION
Motto: Privileged to save souls.
Mission: To enhance the quality of lives of Nigerians by supporting initiatives that will improve access to health and educational opportunities.
1. To enhance community health care by providing free medical/health services.
2. To improve on the quality of education of children and young people.
3. To alleviate the extreme poverty in communities across the country (starting from Orlu Zone) by providing portable water and encouraging their education.
4. Empowerment of men and women by promoting sports, music, arts, skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development programmes.
Sir Felix Chidi Idiga believes that life which doesn’t touch others is not worth living, hence he cofounded Jafac Foundation with his wife, primarily to touch lives positively.
The following are some of his acts of charity and philanthropic gestures:
1. Empowerment of 2,700 market men and women across the 12 LGAs of Orlu Zone.
2. Jafac Foundation organised a skills acquisition /learning programme on bead making, wire works, cinematography, cosmetology, soap making, cream making, powder and perfume making, snailry, computer operations, flower vase manufacturing , film making and hair dressing. This time around, over 500 persons benefitted.
3. Jafac Foundation provided free eye and optical care for over 200 people.
4. Jafac Foundation awarded scholarships to over 135 persons in primary, secondary and tertiary levels across Orlu Zone.
5. Jafac Foundation paid hospital bills for indigent people ( in and out patients) across hospitals in Orlu Zone. Over 200 persons were beneficiaries.
6. Jafac Foundation sponsored cultural dance in 12 LGAs that made up of Orlu Zone. Participants won fabulous prices.
7. Jafac Foundation sponsored football talent hunt/ soccer competition across Orlu Zone and exceptional talents were discovered harvested.
8. Jafac Foundation provided basic remedies to the needs of people such as foods, monies, and financial respite to hospital patients in Orlu Zone.
9. Jafac Foundation has assisted many less privileged homes in Orlu Zone.
10. Over 1000 persons have benefitted from Jafac Foundation’s continuous reach outs/ intervention programmes to indigent people (money, foodstuffs, rent payments, etc).
11. Jafac Foundation has empowered many individuals with motorcycles and cars.
12. Provided free computers and reviewed wheelchair ramps for the disabled in Orlu Zone.
13. Provided brand new bus to the Catholic Women’s Organization (CWO), Orlu Zone.
14. Provided solar lights, householders, transformers, and drainages across the entire Orlu Zone.
15. Provision of free buses to hospitals such as IMSUTH.
ROADS /INFRASTRUCTURES FACILITATED BY CHIEF FELIX IDIGA
1. Ihie link road, Ohaji Egbema.
2. Obiakpu – Ihie link road, Phase 1.
3. Agbor-Ikor, Unueze road, Phase 1.
4. Ohaji Egbema LGA.
5. Fish gears /boats, Ohaji Egbema.
6. Rufus Obiakor Road, Amaifeke.
7. Amailia Unuokwelle road.
8. Old Orlu /Owerri road, Orlu LGA.
9. Okwu-Emekuku road, Mike Dad road, Orlu LGA.
10. Ndokwere road, Amaifeke, Orlu LGA.
11. Nwaeku road, Okermeje, Orlu LGA.
12. Umuduru Internal roads , Okposo, Orlu LGA.
13. Ibenye internal roads , Orlu LGA.
14. Oleme internal roads, Orlu LGA.
15.Anuhinu Amaifeke – Ihioma Link Road, Orlu LGA.
16. Unuezeala Ogwara Road, Ehine Mbano, Imo state.
The efforts of Chief Felix Idiga made the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to begin awarding and completing road projects hitherto sited only in Orji Egbema /Oguta to non-oil producing communities in Orlu Zone. Presently, Chief Felix Idiga have facilitated over 28 verifiable projects with and outside Orlu Zone.
In 2015, Felix contested for the Imo west Senatorial Zone under the Accord Party . He holds the following grassroot positions in the State (Imo) :
1)State Leader, APC (Imo)
2)Amaifeke ward Leader, (APC)
3)Patron, Orlu Zonal Youth Movement
AWARDS AND HONOURS
Sir Felix Idiga holds the following awards and Honours :
1) Award of the prestigious 2001 California Businessman of the year Award by the National Republican Congressional Committee as a top United States Business Leader who successfully integrated business and financial success.
2) Orlu Zone Youth Movement, Philanthropist of the year Award – 2005
3) Imo Business Forum, Industrialist of the year Award – 2010
4) Nzuko Odimma Igbo Forum, Pillar of the Igbos Award – 2007
Idiga Felix is a holder of other several titles and honours, among them are Akuatuegwu 1 of Orlu, Nkwa Chukwu Kwere Orlu. He’s also a knight of St. Mulumba of the Catholic Church.
©Culled by Ositadimma Izuchukwu Anslem for Imo Square Media Forum